How to Change the Default Font in Google Sheets
When it comes to preparing official documents and presentations, it is important that the right font is used. By default, Google Sheets uses the Arial font style, which can be changed to suit your preferences. This guide will show you how you can quickly change the default font in Google Sheets.
1. Where to Download
Before you can change the default font in Google Sheets, you need to download the font of your choice from the internet. Different websites offer a variety of free fonts for download. You can try the following few websites if you are looking for a variety of fonts:
- Font Squirrel – This website offers a wide variety of fonts for commercial as well as personal use.
- DaFont – This website offers free and over 9000 fonts for both personal and commercial use.
- Google Fonts – This website offers more than 900 free fonts for both personal and commercial use.
2. How it Works
Once you have downloaded the font of your choice, here are the steps you need to follow to change the default font in Google Sheets:
- Open Google Sheets and click on File in the menu bar.
- Next, click on Spreadsheet settings in the drop-down menu.
- In the ‘Spreadsheet settings’ window, click on the Change font button.
- In the ‘Fonts’ window, click on the Upload Fonts button.
- A new window will open with a ‘Choose File’ button. Click on the button and select the font you downloaded.
- Once you select the font, it should be displayed in the ‘Choose font’ window.
- Finally, click on the font of your choice and then click on the Settings button to apply your new font.
And that is all there is to it. You have successfully changed the default font in Google Sheets. In case you want to change the default font again, you can simply repeat these steps.